Membership Policy Statement and Application Procedure
The High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA) is designed to encourage, promote, aid and effect the voluntary interchange of data, information, experience, ideas and knowledge about methods, processes, and techniques relating to investigations and security in advanced technologies among its membership.
1. Qualifications for membership
(a) Peace Officers, Investigators and Prosecuting Attorneys engaged in the investigation and/or prosecution of criminal activity associated with computers and/or advanced technologies. Each member shall be regularly employed by the Federal Government, State Government, Counties, and/or Municipal subdivisions of any state, or
(b) Management Level and Senior Staff Security Professionals in the regular employ of private business or Industry in the various states, the primary duties of which, are the control and responsibility for security and/or investigation in computer or advanced technology environments, or by virtue of his/her position or interest can provide, or have a need for information and training in the areas of computer and/or advanced technologies.
2. All applications for membership must be typed or neatly printed and signed and dated by applicant. They should be mailed to the HTCIA Inc. International office.
3. Dues - Dues vary by local chapter. Please see the list below for the amount of new member dues to remit with your application. Members are notified by the International office at renewal time by email at their email address of record. Renewal reminders are also posted on the home page of the HTCIA International website.
New Member Fees: US$ 55
Renewal Fees: US$ 55
4. A check for the correct amount must accompany application. DO NOT SEND CASH!
5. All checks for membership and/or dues must be paid in U.S. Currency.
6. Applications are subject to approval by the HTCIA Membership Committee and are not valid until membership is approved. If an applicant is not accepted, their money will be refunded in full.
7. HTCIA memberships are valid from January 1 through December 31 of each year. Please note, however, that new memberships approved in the fourth quarter or beginning October 1, of any calendar year are valid through December 31, of the following year.
8. Current year dues must be paid prior to January 31, or your membership will be terminated and you will need to re-apply as a new member at the prevailing rates.
Mail completed application with membership dues to:
3288 Goldstone Drive
Roseville, CA 95747